Sustainability and low-waste lifestyles are not just a fad anymore; they are becoming the norm in everyday living. The idea of living a fully-sustainable or zero-waste life can feel super daunting. However, you don’t have to go to the extreme to help our planet. Together, we can all do our part to work towards a better future.
How Can You Live More Sustainably?
Living a more sustainable life isn’t something that happens overnight. Instead, it’s a process that includes implementing green living practices in your daily life to reduce waste and cause a less negative impact on the environment.
There are lots of things you can do to live a more sustainable life. If you’re just getting started with your green living journey, give one of these simple acts a try. Every time you practice green living, it gets a little easier, and before you know it, you’ll be living a more sustainable life!
- Donate used clothes, toys, electronics and household items. By donating these gently-used items, you are giving someone else a chance to have them in their home at a lower cost, and you’re also keeping them out of landfills.
- Recycle anything you can. This includes paper, cardboard, glass, aluminum and most plastics. If you have waste that cannot be recycled, make sure to dispose of it properly. For food scraps and food waste, you can try composting.
- Reduce waste by swapping out single-use items like straws, plastic bags and single-use coffee pods for reusable ones.
How Is Windscape Apartment Homes Helping with Green Living?
As we ask our residents to consider implementing more green living practices into their lives, we have enacted some of our own. This includes:
- Implementing green landscaping throughout the community
- Planting of native trees such as oak trees, beech trees, pine trees, great maple trees and oak-leaf hydrangeas
- Usage of as many green cleaning supplies as possible
- Green pest control upon request
When you’re looking for your new home, look no further than Windscape Apartment Homes. Tucked away from the hustle and bustle while still being minutes from all your favorite things is what we are all about. Our variety of floor plans, quality amenities and thriving eco-friendly community are ready to welcome you into your new home. Give us a call today at (256) 772-7030 or visit us online to find the perfect apartment rental in Madison, AL.